As we all know, railway transportation is suitable for long-distance and large-volume cargo transportation. China has a vast land area and the distance between refrigerated food production and sales is far away, which provides favorable external conditions for the development of cold chain logistics in railways. However, from the current situation, China’s railway refrigerated transportation volume is relatively small, accounting for less than 1% of the total social refrigerated transportation demand, and the advantages of railways in long-distance transportation have not been fully utilized.
The main problems with the traditional model
1.Opacity during transportation
In order to reduce costs, third-party transportation companies may shut down the refrigerator during transportation, and then turn on the refrigerator when they reach their destination soon. When the goods were delivered, although the surface was frozen well, the quality had actually fallen.
2. The opaque stored procedure
Due to cost considerations, storage enterprises may use the low-power period at night and turn off the equipment during the day, which will cause the temperature of the cold storage to fluctuate by more than 10 ° C and the food quality will decline.
The traditional monitoring method is to use a temperature recorder to measure. This method requires network and manual intervention to export the data, and the data is in the hands of the carrier and the storage company. If the cargo owner wants to obtain the data, it is difficult. At present, some large domestic pharmaceutical companies and food companies would rather invest a lot of money to build cold storage and transportation fleets rather than use third-party cold chain logistics enterprise services, which is obviously extremely costly.
3. Invalid handling
When the transport company picks up the goods from the production company, if the pallet cannot be transported, the workers need to move the products from the pallet to the refrigerated truck; after the goods are stored in the storage or retail enterprise, the workers need to remove the goods from the refrigerated truck and put them on the pallet In this way, it is easy to cause damage to the packaging and affect the quality of the goods.
4. Low warehouse management efficiency
You need to provide paper documents before entering and leaving the warehouse, and then manually enter the computer. This is inefficient and the error rate is high.
5. Waste of human resources
The loading and unloading of goods and pallets require a lot of labor.
1. Build a modern railway cold chain logistics center, providing a full range of services such as transportation, storage, sorting, and distribution of goods.
2. The application of pallets based on RFID technology, which is introduced into the field of cold chain logistics (that is, built-in electronic tags on pallets). The realization of electronic informationization of pallets is of great significance to improve the level of logistics management and reduce logistics costs.
3. Introduce the concept of tray sharing. The pallets with temperature tags embedded are provided free of charge or leased to cooperative manufacturers for the purpose of achieving consistent transportation of pallet operations in railway cold chain logistics centers, improving logistics efficiency and reducing costs.
Optimized cold chain logistics model
When entering the warehouse, the basic information (including the production date, type, weight, etc.) of the pallet goods is written through the handheld terminal binding.
The goods are transported together with the pallet. The temperature sensor in the electronic tag can collect temperature information at any time and can be transmitted to the enterprise in real time through GPRS, so that the company management can sit in front of the computer to grasp the temperature inside the compartment. Automatic alarm.
3. Enter warehouse
The forklift removes the goods and the pallet together and places them on the conveyor line. The detection door is equipped with a fixed reader. When the RFID tags on the cargo box and the pallet enter the reader’s radiation range, they can be read. Check the basic information in front of the screen without manual unpacking and inspection.
4. Out of stock
(1) Picking. After receiving the order, arrange the sorting of the goods and update the RFID information of the pallet goods. The sorted goods will be loaded into new pallets, and the information will be bound with RFID tags. After acceptance by the company, the pallets are brought back from the storage center.
(2) Self-provisioned by the enterprise. The worker unloads the goods directly from the pallet and loads it onto the transport vehicle (there is no need to provide pallets at the moment).
1. Increase the transparency of cold chain management. Due to the unique code characteristics of RFID, it can be used to realize the logistics tracking of goods throughout the cold chain.
2. Simplify the operation process and improve logistics efficiency. Embedding RFID tags on pallets and using automated equipment to send / receive goods to / from the warehouse not only reduces labor but also saves time.
3. Improve inventory quality. Cooperate with the warehouse management system to achieve real-time inventory and ensure accuracy.
4. Reduce costs and increase revenue. RFID is used for inventory management, which can reduce manual review and ensure the safety and accuracy of stored goods. The sharing of pallets can reduce transportation costs and improve the competitiveness of railway cold chain logistics centers.
The application of RFID technology has brought about a turning point for the informatization and intelligent management of cold chain logistics centers. As the technology continues to mature, RFID will be more widely used throughout the cold chain supply chain.